Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion @Chelsea

 

One of the oldest remaining buildings on the stretch is the Limelight Marketplace, built in 1844 at 6th Avenue and West 20th as the Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion by famed architect Richard Upjohn. Of course many New Yorkers remember it in the 1980s and 1990s as a disco/drug supermarket.

For info here: http://forgotten-ny.com/2011/09/limelight-sublime-to-not-as-sublime/

. URL.

Leave a Reply